Legal Magazine Advertising Terms and Conditions
The following are certain general terms and conditions governing advertising published in the Legal Magazine (the “Magazine”) published by Legal Magazine (the “Publisher”).
1. Rates are based on average total annual circulation, effective as of May 1, 2013. Announcement of any change in rates will be made in advance of the Magazine’s dates.
2. Advertisers may not cancel orders for, or make changes in, advertising after the closing dates of the Magazine.
3. The Publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions in any advertising materials provided by the advertiser or its agency (including errors in key numbers) or for changes made after closing dates.
4. The Publisher may reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time.
Advertisements simulating the Magazine’s editorial material in appearance or style are not acceptable.
5. All advertisements, including without limitation those for which Publisher has provided creative services, are accepted and published in the Magazine subject to the representation by the agency and advertiser that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof in all applicable editions, formats and derivations of the Magazine and that such publication will not violate any law or infringe upon any right of any party. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will, jointly and severally,
indemnify, defend and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all losses and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) (collectively, “Losses”) arising out of the publication of such advertisements in all applicable
editions, formats and derivations of the Magazine, including, without limitation, those arising from third party claims or suits for defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation, violation of the legaislation or rights of
privacy or publicity, or from any and all claims now known or hereafter devised or created (collectively “Claims”). In the event thePublisher has agreed to provide contest or sweepstakes management services, email design or distribution or other promotional services in connection with an advertising commitment by advertiser, all such services are performed upon the warranty of the agency and advertiser that they will, jointly and severally, indemnify and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all Losses arising out of the publication, use or distribution of any materials, products (including, without limitation, prizes) or services provided by or on behalf of the agency or advertiser, their agents and employees, including, without limitation, those arising from any Claims.
6. In consideration of the Publisher’s reviewing for acceptance, or acceptance of, any advertising for publication in the Magazine, the agency and advertiser agree not to make promotional or merchandising reference to the Magazine in any way without the prior written permission of the Publisher in each instance.
7. No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders or copy instructions which conflict with, vary, or add to these Terms and Conditions or the provisions of the Magazine’s Rate Card will be binding on the Publisher and to the extent that the Terms and Conditions contained herein are inconsistent with any such conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall govern and supersede any such conditions.
8. The Publisher shall not be subject to any liability whatsoever for any failure to publish all or any part of any issue(s) of the Magazine because of strikes, work stoppages, accidents, fires, acts of God or any other circumstances not within the
control of the Publisher.
9. Invoices are rendered on or about the on-sale date of the Magazine. Payments are due within 20 days from the billing date. The Publisher reserves the right to change the payment terms to cash with order at any time. The advertiser and
agency are jointly and severally liable for payment of all invoices for advertising published in the Magazine.
10. All pricing information shall be the confidential information of Publisher and neither advertiser nor agency may disclose such information without obtaining Publisher’s prior written consent.
11 Any and all negotiated advertiser discounts are only applicable to and available during the period in which they are earned. Rebates resulting from any and all earned advertiser discount adjustments must be used within six months after
the end of the period in which they were earned. Unused rebates will expire six months after the end of the period in which they were earned.
12. Special advertising production premiums do not earn any discounts or agency commissions.